Whole Wheat Sandwich Bread

Soft and Squishy all week long.

This is currently being made every week instead of buying bread...cuz the Food Storage whole wheat and dry canned milk has got to got to go. We eat about one recipe a week. It is my only whole wheat bread now. Makes 4 good size loaves. Freeze well cooked or raw.

Tips: 1) MUST RISE TWICE. 2) Can't be cooked too long. 20 minutes max or gets dried out, but 15 is too short I found out this week. 3) I always add gluten. 1 bag of gluten about 3 cups has lasted me 4 years.

11/10/09 So I have started using white wheat from my food storage, which is lighter and makes it less dense, and no molasses, which I ran out of and I found taste better. It needs to cook for at least 25 minutes, today was 20 minutes, and it was WAY to squishy for me.


Whole Wheat Bread—V

From: Malinda Hansen

Dissolve 2 T. yeast in ½ cup very warm water

4 cups hot water

1 cup powdered milk

1 T. salt

1/3 cup molasses (if I don’t have molasses, I just double the honey)

1/3 cup honey

4 Tbsp. oil

3 Tbsp. gluten (dough enhancer)*

6 Tbsp. lemon juice

10-12 cups wheat flour

Mix in mixer for 10 minutes. Allow to rise once in bowl, and once in loaf pan. Bake at 350ยบ for 20-25 minutes.

*I didn’t have gluten here, so I only added 8 cups of whole wheat flour and then 2-4 cups of white flour so the bread wouldn’t crumble. If you have gluten, the bread is soft and doesn’t crumble even if there is no white flour in it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brazilian Beans

Apple Dumplings