Brazilian Beans

From RS. this week via Lisa. Divine, and she's from brazil. Gary thought these were under seasoned, but I loved them. I have developed a real craving for beans being pregnant.

2 cups cooked pinto beans (cooked with no salt)
2 Tbs. oil
1 small chopped onion
1 clove garlic
1-2 c. water
1 bay leaf
parsley and spring onion (optional)
1 tsp. salt
1 dash pepper

Prep:
1) Saute the onion and galic in hot oil.
2) Add the beans, water, and all the seasonings.
3) Bring to a boil under med. heat until liquid is thicker
4) Put beans in bowl and serve over rice.

Optional: Add chopped bacon and garlic and onion.

Comments

Shelley said…
I love these. I have made them 3 times the last 2 weeks, and I taught a pressure cooking class for RS where I taught these. YUMMY. Everyone liked them (or at least they told me they did:))

Popular posts from this blog

Apple Dumplings